A picture is worth a thousand words. We at Multimedia are committed to bringing The Crimson to life with our photo and video content. Multimedia’s photographs appear on the front page of The Crimson daily, and on the weekly Sports, Arts, and FM sections. Our videos air on thecrimson.com and have been featured on other sources such as Time, Business Insider, The Huffington Post, Boston Magazine, and Yahoo! News.
Joining Multimedia won’t just add to your college experience, rather it will enhance and change how you see Harvard. Something that every one of our members will vouch for is the fact that Harvard students on Multimedia attend events that they never would have gone to in the first place. We have access to all Harvard sporting events and major campus happenings such as The Hasty Pudding’s Man of The Year and Woman of the Year Roasts, headlining concerts in Boston and Cambridge, Cultural Rhythms, all campus theater and music productions, speeches by heads-of-state… the list continues.
Throughout the Multimedia Comp, you will learn:
- How to manually use a camera for taking both photographs and video footage, as well as using more complex video cameras and equipment. Owning a DSLR camera is not at all a requirement for the Multi Comp.
- How to use Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- How to write and produce podcasts.
- How to take editorial footage.
- How to write effective captions.
- How to pitch and produce long-form multimedia projects including photo essays and videos
Check out some of our most recent work from Multimedia
- Boston Marathon 2019: Jenn E. Greiner by Naomi S. Castellon-Perez, Isabel A. Giovannetti, Kai R. McNamee, Quinn G. Perini, and Amanda Y. Su
- In Photos: Dueling Rallies Mark the Start of Harvard Admissions Trial by Brendan J. Chapuis, Suuba M. Demby, Allison G. Lee, Amanda Y. Su, Anthony Y. Tao
- In Photos: The 136th Game by Tim R. O’Meara
- In Photos: Boston Calling Music Festival 2019 by Awnit Singh Marta, Kai R. McNamee, Amanda Y. Su
- Divestment Protestors Interrupt Harvard University President Talk by Amy Y. Li
While The Crimson Multimedia comp will be different this virtual spring, we promise your learning experience in photography and videography will not be compromised. Whether you’re someone who has only ever used the camera on your iPhone, or you’re a AFVS concentrator working on a film thesis, there is a place for you on The Crimson’s Multimedia board.
In addition to everything mentioned above, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the nation’s oldest continuously published daily college newspaper with a fantastic group of people-and have a great time doing it. We hope you join us.
Any questions? Want more information? Don’t hesitate to contact our Multimedia Comp Directors, Jenny Lu (email@example.com) and Jason Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any and all questions and concerns.