The Crimson gets 16.8 million pageviews every year. That is a lot of views, and we use some cutting edge technology to make it happen. As an associate, you will learn about our React front-end, Django back-end, database work, and much, much more. If it’s web-related, we probably use it. Recently, the tech department has:
- Implemented a frontend redesign, bringing you beautiful new templates
- Designed the back side of countless special web features like the freshman survey
- Automated the sending of the daily newsletter to speed up workflow
- Built the exact page you are on right now
- In addition to countless more projects…
The Tech Comp is designed to accommodate programmers with all levels of experience—many have joined the board before even finishing CS50, and others have come on with years of web programming experience. We tailor the comp to the individual and make sure everyone learns the tools they need without repeating things people have already seen.